Gordon Here is a voice from the past. A voice not a claim ghost a la Dickens. Lots of activity @ the CAA. Looking forward to some ongoing conversation. I am a member of the Claim Professionals group at least door a test drive? Post a couple of things but so far group is kind of quiet/dormant. Let me know what U think about the potential. Ken firstname.lastname@example.org. FYI this is an Ipad moment? Yes working my way into the digital age
My name is Victor Loo and I am a Talent Acquisition Specialist with Aviva Canada (the second largest General Insurance Company in Canada). Your name was highly recommended through my recruiting network as someone who can assist me in my search for Top Talent. I’d certainly appreciate your help in networking as word of mouth travels far and quick in this industry.
I am currently looking to fill the following position : (Description of role is below my signature)
Sr. Assumed Claims Specialist (Reinsurance)
Looks after assumed run off business.
Quarterbacks challenge of claims or an issues that arise.
Be a part of a high performing team
Perhaps, there is someone from your network of friends may be a fit.
Please feel free to forward this job on to anyone you think would be interested in the position, or anyone else who could point me in the right direction.
Above all, I'd love to connect with you! The insurance industry is all about networking and building relations, you never know if we'll be able to help each other out down the road! Please feel free to give me a shout and time. Also, add me on linkedin.com (below my signature is a link). It's like facebook ,but for professionals
Want to change insurance?
· You get the customer’s point of view
· You talk in ‘plain speak’
· You keep your promises
Aviva is excited to lead a journey to change insurance.
We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Assumed Claims Specialist for our Scarborough location.
Manage all aspect of assumed claims handling and processing function for the various run-off books of businesses managed by the Reinsurance Department at Aviva Canada.
Job Responsibilities: What would I do on the job?
- Manage all aspects of an assumed Excess of Loss (XOL) liability book of $14M. Also manage claims disputes and special handling for assumed proportional liability book of $11M.
- Review of assumed claims handling procedures, development and implementation of enhancements. Provide training and support to the assumed accounting unit on assumed claims matters. This is to implement claim liability control process.
- Review of commutation offers received from cedants and putting together commutation proposals for cedant, to minimize exposure and liability to Aviva Canada. Review claims and reinsurance agreements, along with amounts on SICS system to reconcile values.
- Communicate with brokers and ceding companies regarding issues with respect to assumed claims presented, including but not limited to correspondence reserving Aviva’s rights.
- Work with consultants and perform claims audit on reinsurance assumed contracts. Provide updates at Monthly meeting on runoff management.
- Analysis and authorization of payment for assumed reinsurance claims.
Experience/Skills required: Do I have what it takes?
-Over 10 years domestic and international insurance and reinsurance claims experience.
-Ability to analyze and comprehend the effects of Canadian, US and International case law, insurance policies and various reinsurance contract wordings.
-Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly with Senior Management.
-Knowledge of reinsurance accounting and underwriting.
-Excellent analytical and negotiation skills-Experience in commutation of reinsurance contracts-Exposure to reinsurance audits and arbitrations
-Experience with the London Market business-Proficient with Microsoft Office (Access, Excel and Word)